Monday 19 October 2015

My balcony garden



It was last year that we finally moved into our own apartment after what seemed like an endless wait. Every aspect of the house be it the rooms, library, kitchen or utility was meticulously planned by none other than yours truly. Months of designing, color coding, researching, brain storming with the carpenter and hunting to source materials, had finally taken shape. Though it was tedious, it was a wonderful time!! I enjoyed every bit of it. It is a dream come true for anyone (especially true for ladies) who has within her a little interior designer raring to come out. Putting together things that reflect your personality and changing a house into a home, is well, endlessly rewarding.

Once everything fell into place, there was still one thing that I hadn’t ticked off my list; a little garden of my own in my 11th floor apartment. Yes, a garden with white and pink bougainvillea, beautiful yellow Alamanda, fragrant passiflora and white bunches of madhumalathi branching out on my balcony railings. Hanging pots with ferns and asparagus and colorful pots with Anthuriums, roses, jasmine, hibiscus, areca palm and…. a papaya tree too.

Once my balcony garden was ready with all the plants on my list, It finally felt like home.


                               
               

No comments:

Post a Comment