Sunday 28 February 2016

An Ordinary Day

Dear diary, today was a regular day
Everything went as per routine,
Nothing out of the ordinary happened;
Just one of those days when
One thing follows the other
In a monotonous sort of way.
That’s when I thought to myself
What an uneventful and boring day.

Then….I looked around
And saw how many of them were
Having a terrible day today,
Enduring so much  grief and pain
How many had lost a loved one today
How many were struggling to make ends meet
How many wishing that it was
Just another ordinary day.

That’s when I realised
What a blessed day I had had today.
That’s when I realized
How we forget to cherish these
So called ordinary days.
How fortunate we are to have a day
When nothing out of the ordinary happens.
So dear diary, I take back my words,
It was an extraordinary day today...
And I’m blessed to be sharing it with you today.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment